Pages

Home

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Sorry, buddy. You can't get an awesome job.

Now, I must wake up early--I must--it has become a mandatory something now. Every day--I have to wake up at six--by myself.
Oh, the horrors--
no human alarm to shake me awake and scream in my face to WAKE UP ALREADY, YOU'RE GOING TO MISS THE BUS.
(Those are the most efficient types of alarms--they're also known as grumpy frustrated mothers.)

Because today, I missed the bus (previous post), and my mother is thoroughly frustrated and mad. She says she will not take me to school if I miss the bus. Meaning, I'll have to skip school--which is awesome.
But there's more. (There's always more.) (No, sometimes, there actually isn't any more, because at one point, you'll have to stop. But in this case, there's more.)
Anyhow,
the 'more' is...

She won't call the school, either. For an excused absence.

And apparently, if you miss school with an unexcused absence, then you get suspended or something (which is what my mother says, but then again, she's not the school rulebook--I'll have to look that up).
Meaning, that'll stay on my criminal record for the REST OF MY LIFE.
Which is pretty scary, if I'm, say, applying for this really awesome job (which is scary, because I haven't thought that far into the future yet--I can't even imagine what job I'm applying for), and they look at my experience--decent; school/college--decent; blah blah--decent; criminal record--OH NO SHE GOT SUSPENDED FOR SKIPPING SCHOOL! WHAT IF SHE SKIPS A DAY OF JOB/WORK!?
And I won't get a job, and I'll become bankrupt, and I'll live on the str--

Actually, I'll just have to apply for a little less awesome job, but it's missing the chance to get into the awesome job. Anyhow, it's always more exciting to exaggerate a little bit and let others have more sympathy towards you.

Anyhow, even if I do miss the bus, and I can't go to school, what am I going to tell the principal/teachers? "Well, my mother refused to take me to school." What a REASON.
Even if it's true.
I bet the teachers would TOTALLY understand and say, "Oh, I'm so sorry, Celine, you have such a lazy misunderstanding mother, she didn't take you to school... Well, we'll let this one go, but if you SKIP SCHOOL NEXT TIME YOU'RE GOING TO GET SUSPENDED AND IT'LL STAY ON YOUR CRIMINAL RECORD THE REST OF YOUR LIFE AND YOU WON'T BE ABLE TO GET AN AWESOME JOB."

Oh, joy.
I'm going to be so scared every morning--to miss the bus.
One day, I might just burst and finally crack and start screaming and hollering and running out of the house without my backpack or something.
Maybe not.
But anyhow,
I'll always have to wake up without that oh-so-efficient human alarm. D:

At least I'll be prepared for college--no human alarms there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for Commenting!