Pages

Home

Saturday, October 20, 2012

The Best Moment

This morning, I woke up at six o clock, thinking we had to go to school today. I got myself mentally prepared for going to school by six o five, got up and started pondering over whether I'd be late or not if I slept until six ten, and then decided to just get ready because I'd be sleepy during school anyhow.
Then, I opened the door, doing the usual ninja tip-toe walk, rushed back inside when I heard my brother murmur things in his sleep, and then poked my head back outside. I took a deep breath and managed to go downstairs when I suddenly felt something was astray.
...It was Saturday.

I felt a surging feeling of happiness and I dashed upstairs, careless of whether my parents would wake up or not, and dove right into bed thinking of the many more hours of sleep I’d get. It was the best feeling in the world. Curling up in that bed—doing just what I wished to do on real school days. It made me smile smugly (even though there was nobody around), and I felt like this was a priceless moment.

I dozed off to a few more hours of beautiful, soothing sleep.

 

Ahhh. Ode to sleep.

(That wasn’t an ode to sleep, I was just saying “Ode to Sleep,” nothing much to do with the actual content of the post, by the way.)

:3 True story, though.

3 comments:

Hi! Thanks for Commenting!