Pages

Home

Wednesday, June 20, 2012

GRADUATION [1]

AWWW I WILL MISS YOU EC AND TC AND AJ AND LL AND RTH AND VL AND EH AND HM AND JW AND ALL OF THE OTHER FRIENDS WHO ARE GOING TO OTHER HIGH SCHOOLS OH OHOH OHOHOHOHOHOH NONONONONONONO

 

Okay I’m done.

But literally, I was sobbing for quite a while after I came home, starting from the car.

ANYHOW.

 

Graduation is a terrible thing for me because it means saying good-bye to people I don’t want to say bye to. I think this is the first time I’ve actually had to say a serious and solemn good-bye to people.

I mean, besides in second grade when I burst into salty water when I had to move away from all of my friends, but that’s a while ago.

And the time I had to move away from my friends in third grade.

And in the beginning of fourth.

…But that’s not that big, because I didn’t really make much of a big deal of it, anyhow, the longest I’d been with any of them was three years, and that was just from kindergarten to second grade. But this--

after I moved here in the beginning of fourth grade, and up till now, which is eighth grade, which is four years (one more year than the kindergarten years, I know, but still). I had lots of great friends and lots of funny memories (wow this sounds so cheesy. I bet my side comments make it even cheesier. Ugh I wish it didn’t sound so cheesy.) and lots of laughter and stuff like that.

But now that I have to say ‘bye’ to them—that’s just terrible.

I mean, I’m sure we’re going to see each other in the summer, meet, and have fun somewhere other than school (obviously school’s not the only place you meet your friends). But I know that as years pass, they’ll make new friends who they’ll meet more often than they will me, and they’ll gradually drift farther and farther away from me, and my name will go farther and farther from their center of memory and thought.

Soon enough, we’ll meet somehow and then look at each other, all the friendship and kindness and cheesy memories gone, just strangers to each other’s eyes, and we’ll be as awkward as one is to another in a first meeting.

Thinking of that, just having said goodbye to my friends less than a week ago, breaks my heart.

(Wow that sounds cheesy, too. D:)

I guess with ‘facebook’ we’ll know what we look like, and we’ll know that we’re alive, but that’s all how it will probably be for a long time, before we’ll be thinking, “Oh yeah, what’s her name?”

And their names will be farther from the center of our minds, too.

This is what makes me so sad, and this is what brought the flood of tears onto my pillow.

Wait I didn’t say that.

What pillow? What tears?

No, no, I deny it all.

 

SO ANYHOW.

 

I really will miss you all, Allison and Lani and Tiff and Eunice and Rachel T. and Victoria and Jonathan and Keira and M(******) (might not want her name mentioned) and Emma and all of those whom I have regarded as my friend.

It’s out of honor that I had to write your names in (except for M, because she wants her unique name anonymous C:), and that I will try not to forget all of you even if you all forget me.

Because all those fun times during lunch and gym and science (COUGH MRS. Y) and DC and math and Spanish and just

yeah.

I hope that all of you, when you go to the high schools that you’re going to, will find your hopes in life and whatnot (all of those wise adulty stuff), find the meaning of your life and pursue your dreams and stuff, and you won’t give up and you’ll achieve that dream and you’ll succeed and you’ll be happy because technically if you’re sad your whole life that’s pretty depressing but that’s just weird and I’m kind of getting off track so I’ll just stop.

But you know, I hope that you all have a nice life after high school.

And beyond.

And good luck.

And bye.

And--

SOBS INTO KEYBOARD.

Really, I will miss you all. I hope last Wednesday wasn’t the last time I saw you guys. I hope that in ten years, we’ll see each other in a coffee shop, and neither of us will tilt our heads and say, “I’m sorry, do I know you?” When the other comes to greet an old friend.

I admit, some of you I have known more than others, and whatever it is, chances are slim that in exactly ten years we’ll be in the same coffee shop, out of all the places in the world, but we get those chances and I hope we won’t miss them.

 

Yeah, so,

good luck in your careers.

I hope you’ve all made the right choice.

I hope I’ve made the right choice, too.

 

For now,

bye.

 

TY A HAND.

~
Celine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for Commenting!