Pages

Home

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

HLD-- Duck Song/Scene

I don't know why I like this, I don't know how I like this, and I'm not sure whether I even like it or not.
The song's just catchy.
It's called the Duck Song, and it is likely you have heard it before because to what I see it has gazillions of views. Who knows?

Anyhow, here it is:
And it's kind of creepy and... it has a Duck Song II and Duck Song III, I think. (pretty sure about the Duck Song II, but I'm not sure about the Duck Song III. You should try finding out.)

I was singing it all day on Sunday.
"And he said to the man, running the stand. Bom bom bom bom bom, Got any graapppeess?"

...
I'll leave you there for today.

oh. And. I must share a funny short clip with you.
Only it's in your imagination. Meaning you have to imagine and make the scene inside your head.
Here's the script:

There is a German Coast Guard. He is a grim faced, lonely Coast Guard who is guarding __(whatever he's guarding)___. The German Coast Guard is currently extremely bored. His eyes are halfway drooping, and he's nearly bored out of his mind. No, let me fix that. He is bored out of his mind. So there he's standing, with his gun and all, walkie talkie, belt, stuff (I think stuff covers all the material, don't you think?).
Extreme silence is spread from miles beyond, as he's starting to wish something to happen.
He is boredly kicking a rock nearby.
Cricket... cricket... Crickets chirrup in the background to show the extreme silence and the irony and boredom of this German Coast Guard during war.
Suddenly, his walkie talkie buzzes on. And through static, he can hear shooting and cannons and screaming in the background. It's a very small noise, because the walkie-talkie isn't the number one best type.

And... jump cut.
The scene jumps to a loud, rambunctious (I have to look up that word...) scene in which an American Naval General is on his vessel, which is starting to sink because of the endless attacks from the enemy, and the cannons and gun sounds are deafening. And the screaming and shouting adds to the noise, chaos, and horror. Water is filling up to the general's knees now, and the vessel is rocking. He's holding his walkie-talkie, screaming into it, at the top of his lungs, shouting "MAYDAY! MAYDAY! WE'RE SINKING! WE'RE SINKING! WE'RE SINKING!"

And... jump cut.
The scene jumps back to the German Coast Guard. So what you should hear is Loud Yelling and Chaos, then all a sudden, cut off.
Cricket... Cricket...
The German Coast Guard is staring at his walkie-talkie, which is squealing "mayday! mayday! we're sinking! we're sinking! we're sinking!" in a small-ish sort of voice. Really really small compared to the reality of it.
And so the German Coast Guard stares at it, and thinks for a moment.
He picks his walkie-talkie up off his belt, and stops.
Cricket... Cricket...
"Vat are you sinking avout?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for Commenting!